Now that our christmas decor collection has expanded, we're forced to keep things well organized since we live in an apartment where space is limited. Here are some tips I picked up while packing up my decor this year to keep yours organized and ready for next year!
DISCLAIMER: Some links may be affiliate links. If you purchase a product with the below links, I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for your support!
- Wrap garlands and twinkle lights around a piece of cardboard to keep them from tangling. You can also cut little slits on the edges to make sure they don't move around or to secure the ends in place.
- Keep fragile items like glass ornaments or ceramic decor in their original box. That way you don't have to worry about wrapping them up to protect them and the boxes can easily be stacked together.
- Cover wreaths in plastic bags so they don't get damaged and if they are too large to store in a box, hang them on a clothes hanger.
- Organize your decor by category. I have bins for ornaments, for greenery, and for general decor. That way you know exactly where to find things and don’t have to rummage through multiple boxes to find what you’re looking for.
- Use clear + color coded bins. All my christmas decor is stored in bins with green lids so I know I only need to take out those boxes when I decorate the following year. And since they’re clear, I can just quickly look to see what’s stored inside.
- Bonus tip: not organization related but you can wrap your flocked items in bags so the flocking doesn't get everywhere lol